Please take a few seconds to look at my list, remember an artist whose work you have appreciated before, or pick a name that isn’t familiar to you and check out her art. Happy voting!
That has to be some kind of record. :))
The only ‘organic’ thing you need right now is a truckload of organic fertilizer - read, cow and chicken shit - that you can go bury yourself in.
Oh but I already have a life. In that life I can differentiate Phoebe from Hayley and I don’t stalk the blogs of people who I know hate the things I like.
You on the other hand… the lobotomy didn’t work, huh?
It’s the two ships that Julie keeps on shoving down people’s throats. She keeps on saying we’ll get crossovers when it’s ‘organic’, which means characterized by continuous or natural development, but she fills the godforsaken show with Haylijah and Klamille, which in my opinion arise from nothing organic at all.
What’s natural or continuous about Elijah falling in love with Hayley, or Camille becoming so special to Klaus? I have no idea.
We just woke up one day, watched 4x20 and saw to the horror of everything holy that Elijah basically threw away the 500 continuous years he spent having feelings for Katherine, just so he can make moony eyes at this random girl who happened to be pregnant with his brother’s child. A guy having the hots for the mother of his future niece/nephew - Christ, I really hope that this is not Julie’s idea of ‘natural’.
And Camille, oh, Camille. She steps in on the first episode, says some psycho babble, and the most ruthless man in the world is reduced to tears. Klaus for some inexplicable reason cares about her and can’t hurt her, even though she’s basically just a talkative stranger. How is that ‘natural’ given how he’s been portrayed in TVD?
The only thing that’s been continuously developing for two and a half seasons is Klaroline, and somehow that’s what they deem to be not organic. O_O
WHAT IS THIS LIFE.
I don’t know why I even try. You cannot win an awesomeness contest against Fel. :))
Unlike Hitler who was feared and was virtually unchallenged for most part of his dictatorship, Aung San Suu Kyi was persistently harassed and persecuted by the minority of military officials who held power Burma, even though more people supported her than her persecutors.
But she fought for what she believed in no matter how much suffering she had to endure, and that is one of the reasons why her country is on the road to Democracy today. :)
After this post
It turns out that
Waaaaah I am sorry I am such a fail and thank you friends for nominating this prodigal shipper!
I love you too. :)
And by the way I was totally serious about that anon needing to call Dr. Paul. :))
I haven’t received a message, so if they’re done sending the notices then I guess none this year. But given the fact that I wrote like just one story from September to June, I’m not wondering why. :))
But no hard feelings, I swear. This doesn’t invalidate all the love that I’ve been showered with since I joined this fandom two years ago, and I’m happy that our family is expanding and that more people are contributing to the wonderful thing called Klaroline Fanfiction. :)
1. What difference does it make if I simply dislike Phoebe or totally hate her? Bottom line: I and other people had negative things to say about Phoebe. Most of us posted it in our blogs and we tagged it Anti Phoebe Tonkin because that’s the proper tag for it. And now you have an Anti Phoebe tag.
Some people from your fandom had negative things to say about Candice. Most of them went anon and expressed their opinions through messages sent to other people’s blogs – most of them Candice/Caroline fans’ blogs. If there are Phoebe stans who criticized Candice in their own blogs, well they didn’t tag it. So now you don’t have an Anti Candice tag.
2. “I have at least one actress from most shows I keep up with who don’t have the best acting chops.” - SO WHAT? Didn’t you read what I said? Fine by me if you want to stan your life away and say ‘Even if Phoebe is underperforming, I still like her and I still think she’s doing good enough.” That’s your prerogative. I never said that subpar actresses should automatically be hated – just that it’s a valid reason for an audience member to dislike an actress because in her opinion the actress is horrible at her job.
“But I don’t make anti posts about them because what’s the point?” - The point is, we’re all entitled to have opinions, negative or positive, about someone or something. We’re entitled to express them and we’re equally entitled to keep them to ourselves. So stop acting like people who make Anti posts are worse than people who don’t just because you yourself don’t make Anti posts.
“I’d never “hate” someone because they are a subpar or even terrible actress.” - For the second time in less than twenty four hours, GET OVER YOURSELF. Just because you don’t ‘hate’ someone for being a horrible actress doesn’t mean that the rest of the world isn’t supposed to hate her as well.
Aw, there’s no Anti Candice tag because Klaroliners are haters and Phoebe/Hayley stans are kind, peaceful, loving and above everyone else. Why am I not surprised?
Let me tell you a few things, dear.
1. There are definitely some people from your fandom who have had negative things to say about Candice. So stop saying that you don’t bother to hate – clearly some of you do. It’s just that when I and other Klaroliners wanted to express a negative opinion about Phoebe, we said it in our blogs and we tagged it in the appropriate tag. When people from your fandom wanted to say something negative about Candice, in defense of Phoebe or otherwise, most of them hid behind gray faces and sent us messages like this:
Barring the diverging opinions we may have as to what appearance, attitude or action is worthy of hate, the biggest reason left why there’s no ‘Anti Candice’ tag is because there’s not a lot of people in your fandom who have the courage to stand by their opinion by letting the world know who they are,and those that do don’t post it in the appropriate tag.
Look at yourself. Why do you have to be on anon to react to my post?
2. Saying that it’s ‘lame’ and ‘stupid’ to dislike an actress because she’s horrible at acting is… I have no words to describe this. Please contact Johns Hopkins and ask for Dr. Nyquist, he’s my grandfather’s neurologist and he or someone from his department may be able to help you seeing as you might be suffering from an extreme case of neural dysfunction from excessive Phoebe stanning.
Hating an actress for being horrible at acting is perhaps the only valid reason to hate an actress. Hello, her job is to act. If the CFO of a company is horrible at her job and the entire company is suffering because of her incapacity, then you can bet that there will be a lot of people who’d dislike her and want her gone. Phoebe isn’t rising to the occasion as a ‘lead actress’, (countless reviews have said that, see the Anti Phoebe tag for links), and it doesn’t have any positive effect on TO. That’s the most valid reason an audience member can have to to dislike an actress and want her booted from a show.
Fine by me if you want to stan your life away and say ‘Even if Phoebe is underperforming, I still like her and I still think she’s doing good enough.”. All I have to say is, you know what’s more ‘lame’ and ‘stupid’ than disliking an actress for not doing her job and making the final product worse because of it? Saying that Candice is inferior to Phoebe because “She looks commercial” and “Isn’t even popular outside the US”.
3. You’re implying that my opinion of where Phoebe belongs isn’t valid because ‘as if you have authority over that’. But you magically have authority to declare which opinions should be considered valid and which opinions should not? Gahd get over yourself. :)) I am entitled to the opinion that Phoebe is a horrible actress, and you are equally entitled to disagree. But nobody is entitled to say that someone has no authority to have an opinion.
4. Finally I apologize for taking the time and effort to actually make a coherent reply to your message. Given the fact that you’re a stan, you’ll just say “No, none of that is true. Bottom line is, Klaroliners are hateful!” anyway.
I am absolutely certain that some of them will and some of them won’t :)
I think it will depend on what kind of fan a person is – do you love a character because of the actor, or do you love an actor because of the character? If it’s the first, then I suppose Isaac Lahey fans will watch TO too just to see Daniel, the same way some people watched Ben-Hur just because Joseph Morgan is in it.
If it’s the latter, then I think that they might see it and like it so they’ll continue watching, or they might see it but they won’t stick around long enough to pull in the ratings. I personally like Candice Accola because she does a great job giving life to Caroline Forbes, but I didn’t make an effort to see Dating Rules for My Future Self because though Candice is in it, Caroline is not. If the biggest draw for Isaac Lahey fans is his personality or the way he relates to other characters in Teen Wolf, then it’s definitely something that they’re not going to see in TO, and I don’t know what else might motivate them to watch the show then.